Handpicked Wines. World Class Sommelier. Top notch four course dinner. Endless Fun!
So in this blog I will take you through a fun and laid back experience of Italian Wine Masterclass by IICCI(Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry), held on 3rd March 2022 at Diva Restaurant, c/o the Italian Institute of Culture, Embassy of Italy in Delhi. It was a perfect opportunity to discover the fantastic variety of wines that Italy has to offer and their incredible terroirs. Italian food and wine expert Mr. Luca Bernardini and Cav. Subhash Arora guided us through a selection of wines from the beautiful Italian regions, explaining their qualities and characteristics, as well as a perfect food pairing was done by Chef Ankur Kohil, who brought the flavors through his masterful culinary expertise.
In this masterclass we had an elevated and informative Italian food and wine experience. I nabbed the front table where we were greeted with antipasti along with best tipple followed by top quality Italian course. The following Italian wines were handpicked for our tasting:
PROSECCO SPUMANTE EXTRA DRY DOC – Benelli
This wine is prepared in the area of Prosecco which is also declared as UNESCO World Heritage Site with the following characteristic :
- With all the perlage and deep fragnance this wine’s optimal temperature is 8-10°C.
- The alcohol content i this wine is 11% with a sparkling white color.
- Its flavour is suitable for small bites, meat and fish dishes, excellent also with desserts.
- It is made using Glera grapes.
SPUMANTE ROSATO BRUT – Borgotulvia
This wine is prepared after a delicate pressing, the first fermentation is made with selected yeasts at a temperature of 16-18° C. The second fermentation happens in pressure tank and the
wine remains in contact with lees.
- With the persistent and elegant perlage this wine’s optimal temperature is 4-6°C.
- It is lightly aromatic with intense flavour of rose petals with soft delicate rosé wine.
- It is suitable with appetizers, soups, fish dishes, white meats.
- The grape variety used in it is 95% Chardonnay and 5% Pinot Nero.
BIANCO POMICE – Tenuta di Castellaro
This wine was born from a combination of two very different varieties, which blend perfectly and complement each other, enhanced by the volcanic soil of Lipari.
- They goes perfect with appetizers, first and main course of sea food.
- The flavors we find in this are notes of citrus and wild flowers, with fruity and almond hints.
- The grape variety used in it are Malvasia delle Lipari 60% and Carricante 40%.
- Tasting temperature for this wine is 10-12°C.
BRAUDE – Essentia
This wine is made in pebbly on limestone base terrain located in Murgia – Puglia – Italia with Enchanting and full taste, elegant tannins and fulfilling sapidity.
- The flavor – Rich and intense aroma of blackberry and sour cherry in spirit with spicy notes.
- With 13% alcohol it is best served at 18-20°C.
- Grapes used in this are Troia.
- The color is Ruby red evolving to garnet.
The True Italian Taste project for food and wine is supported by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and is coordinated by Assocamerestero in collaboration with the Italian Chambers of Commerce Abroad. It is part of The Extraordinary Italian Taste campaign to promote and safeguard genuine Italian agri-food products in Europe, America, Australia and Asia. In India, True Italian Taste is managed and implemented by the IICCI.
True Italian Taste, aims to increase the knowledge and consumption of 100% made in Italy food and wine in markets where there is confusion among consumers between authentic Italian products, and other products that use Italian symbols or names even though they do not have Italian origin.
Serving handpicked wines from the land of Italy (With history of 2000 years of Wine making), it was an enchanting evening where we enjoyed the well curated sips from the team of masterful sommeliers.
Need I say more?